This year I'm making Goals instead of Resolutions. Goals are attainable, especially since I can make a list of steps to achieve the goals. I'm still working on my goals list, but here's what I've got so far (in no particular order):
- Write 2 blog posts a week minimum, but aim for 3. Definitely doable, and if I have a busy week I can write them all in one day (notice I said how many blog posts, not how many days a week I need to blog - big difference!). Having a blog is really helping me keep organized and on track to finish up those projects I usually let sit in a box to collect dust until I finally throw them out.
- Read and connect with at least 2 different bloggers a week. I love reading what other craft blogs and food blogs are up to, but I need to remember to stay connected and comment on the posts that I enjoy so much so the blogger knows that I'm enjoying reading their blog! I love all the blogs I follow and read, but sometimes I never get around to writing a comment. I know comments mean a lot to me, so I assume others love them as well!
- List at least 5 new things in the Etsy shop a month. Also doable, and I'm hoping to go above and beyond to expand my shop, but having a small goal of 5 makes it attainable.
Be more organized.That's way to open-ended, how about to keep my desk organized and clean and put everything away after each project. Baby steps.
- Organize my shelving. I really need some new stack-able storage containers so I can put more stuff on my shelves in an organized fashion instead of shoving it where I can find room.
- Participate in a craft show. This is a huge one, and something I'm super excited for if I can pull it off. I've never participated in a craft show, but I love going to them and I think having a booth would be tons of fun and a way to meet more local artists and crafters.
- This is more personal and unrelated, but to start reading more, maybe aim for 1 book a month. I need to remember to schedule in some "me" time so I don't get burned out on my Blogging and Etsying and Crafting. I do enjoy crafting and it's relaxing and enjoyable, but sometimes I need to step back and take a break or I'll get burned out.
I think I'll continue adding to the list as I realize more goals that I should have.
Those all seem pretty doable! Here's to a great and productive 2013!
I also have some semi-goals, such as getting a newer phone (ugh mine is the worst!), eating healthier (who doesn't have this resolution?), and earning enough in my Etsy shop to pay for a fancy new camera so I can take better photos of my products (a girl can dream, right?).