Thursday, December 6, 2012

0 Days Since Last X-ACTO Injury




If you have been using X-ACTO knives for a while (or went to school for Architecture), you may have had an X-ACTO related injury where your finger isn't quite behind your straight edge all the way and you slice a bit of your finger while trying to make that perfect cut.  Today at work I had one of those moments, and unfortunately it was the worst cut I can remember from an X-ACTO knife and didn't want to stop bleeding.  Luckily my coworker helped me bandage up my finger and the bleeding stopped so I could get back to work (although not using the X-ACTO knife).  Without going into gruesome details, I can just say that this one is going to take a while to heal and it's going to make crafting a bit difficult.  Luckily it's my left hand and it's my pointer finger so I can still manage to get stuff done with a giant gauze bandage on, but it's a little embarrassing to admit that my giant bandage is due to a self-inflicted wound from not paying close enough attention to what I was doing.

You crafters out there make sure you're focused when using your sharp blades to make sure you don't make the same ridiculous mistake I did!

Owie :(

No comments:

Post a Comment