Sunday, December 23, 2012

Peanut Butter Heath Bar Cookies


I love peanut butter and I love Heath bars, so when I saw this recipe on the bag of Heath Toffee Bits, I HAD to make it!

The recipe is from the back of the bag, and the only thing I changed was to use butter instead of shortening (I might love butter more than Paula Deen!) and to put the entire package of Heath bits inside of the cookies instead of sprinkling some on top (half were going in the freezer and I didn't want the toffee bits to fall off when frozen).  I also made a double batch and only used one bag of Heath Toffee Bits and I think it was the perfect amount, but you can't really go wrong with adding more Heath toffee bits!




Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter (or shortening per original recipe)
3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract (try making your own!)
1 egg
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/3 cups (8-oz pkg) HEATH Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits, divided

Directions: 
Heat oven to 375 degrees F
Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
Add egg; beat until just blended.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in separate bowl; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
Stir in 1 cup toffee bits; reserve remainder for topping (or just dump the entire bag into the mix).


These are really tasty and were pretty easy to make!  I love the flavor combination of the peanut butter and the Toffee bits and chocolate of the Heath bits.

Check out some of the other yummy Cookie recipes I've posted recently: Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies3 Chip cookies (White, Milk and Dark Chocolate)Mint Chocolate Cookies and read my tips on how to freeze cookie dough so you can make double batches and keep half of the dough in the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment